Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу
The subject index / Belinskogo Bridge

Belinskogo Bridge

Categories / Architecture/Bridges

BELINSKOGO BRIDGE (until 1923 Simeonovsky, from the churches of Simon and Anna nearby), spanning the Fontanka River between Belinskogo Square and Street. Built in 1785, to the standard design at the place where from 1733 a wooden bridge had existed. It was made of two lateral spans covered with granite and supported by torispherical arches. The middle span was wooden and could be raised from two wings. On the bridge piers were placed domed towers with a lifting mechanism. In 1858-59, the raising span of the bridge was covered with a brick bow-shaped vault with granite arches on the facade and the towers were dismantled. In 1890, the sidewalk was moved, and a wrought handrail was added; in 1908 a tram track was laid. In 1996-99, in the course of a full repair (engineers A.A. Zhurbin, A.G. Zlotnikov) the footpath was replaced, a sleeperless tramway track was installed, the bridge railing was also restored. The length is approximately 59 metres, width 19.1 metres See illustrations at p. 64.

D. Y. Guzevich, S. Z. Suponitsky, N. M. Kozlovskaya.

Zhurbin A.A.
Zlotnikov A.G.

Belinskogo Square/Saint Petersburg, city
Belinskogo St./Saint Petersburg, city

The subject Index
SS. Simon and Anna Church

Anichkov Bridge

ANICHKOV BRIDGE (in 1739 Nevsky), spanning the Fontanka River on Nevsky Prospect. The first wooden bridge was built here in 1715 under the supervision of М.О. Anichkov (hence the name), in 1721 it was elevated (the master K

Bridges (entry)

BRIDGES, an integral part of the urban planning structure and architectural appearance of St. Petersburg. In 2002, the city numbered 342 bridges of various kinds and types; in Kronstadt: 5 bridges, Pushkin: 54 bridges, Petrodvorets: 51 bridges

Izmaylovsky Bridge

IZMAYLOVSKY BRIDGE, over the Fontanka River, links Voznesensky and Izmaylovsky Avenues (hence the name). In 1738 there was a timber bridge here, the present bridge was built around 1786-88 (one of the seven typical bridges over the Fontanka

Obukhovsky Bridge

OBUKHOVSKY BRIDGE (in 1738 known as Saarsky, after Saarskaya farmstead - Tsarskoe Selo), over the Fontanka River at Moskovsky Avenue. The bridge was built around 1785-86 on the site of a wooden bridge that had existed here since 1717