Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу
Entries / The Mariinsky Woman Gymnasium.

The Mariinsky Woman Gymnasium.

Categories / Tsarskoe Selo and town of Pushkin. The digital chronological reference book/Monuments of history and culture

The building was built in 1845-1846 to the design of D.E. Yefimov for placing the office of the Governor of the Palace Board and Tsarskoye Selo Town headed by Ya.V. Zakharzhevsky. Constructing works were made under the direction of the architect N.S. Nikitin. The office rooms and Ya.V. Zakharzhevsky’s flat were placed here. In 1865-1866 A.F. Vidov adapted for a gymnasium of the Mariinsky department. He retained the main staircase and central main hall as well as the flat of the Governor that was put to a chief master of the gymnasium. The opening of the gymnasium took place in this building on 7 February 1865. The first principle was the famous teacher N.A. Vyshnegradsky. Y.V. Zakharzhevsky was one of founders and the first trustee. In connection with rising the number of pupils the building was rebuilt and enlarged in 1874-1875 on A.F. Vidov’s project. In 1906-1907 the building was rebuilt again, it was overbuilt one more floor according to the project of the architect G.D. Grim and under the direction of the civil engineer V.A. Lipavsky. The decorating facades with rustics and window’s wedge key stones placed in fanlike way and superimposing each other date from the original architectural decoration of the building. The decoration of arch windows and attic completion was used by G.D. Grim in overbuilt third floor. A.A. Gorenko the future poetess A.A. Akhmatova , was learning in the Mariinsky Gymnasium during 1900-1905.

Semenova Galina Victorovna

Akhmatova Anna Andreevna
Efimov Dmitry Egorovich
Grimm German Davidovich
Lipavsky, V.A.
Nikitin, N.S.
Vidov Alexander Fomich
Vyshnegradsky Nikolay Alexeevich
Zakharzhevsky, Ya.V.

Leontievskaya Street/Pushkin, town, house 17