Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу
The subject index /

The house of Ye.A. Engelgardt.

Categories / Tsarskoe Selo and town of Pushkin. The digital chronological reference book/Monuments of history and culture

Two-storied building (4 Sadovaya Street) was built in 1752-1753 to the design of S. Chevakinsky in the complex of four cavaliers’ houses for a linen-keeper of Empress Elizabeth Petrovna. In 1811-1816 V.P. Stasov rebuilt it and built a wing on the plot (3 Pevchesky Lane). The façade was partly rebuilt by V.P. Stasov in Classicism style and it differed from other houses with rich decoration. The peak under the main entrance was decorated with the forged emblem of the Lyceum ,a lyre circled by symbols of wisdom (an owl), force (branches of an oak) and glory (a branch of a laurel). V.F. Malinovsky, the first director of the Lyceum, lived in this house, later Ye.A. Engelgardt, a director of the Lyceum, lived here too. Pupils of the Lyceum often visited this house. After 1843 the house was occupied by chief-Masters of the Horse, then a department of the court office was placed here.

Semenova Galina Victorovna

Chevakinsky Savva Ivanovich
Elizaveta Petrovna, Empress
Engelgardt Egor Antonovich
Malinovsky Vasily Fedorovich
Stasov Vasily Petrovich

Sadovaya Street/Pushkin, town, house 4
Pushkin, town


9 January. The Children's Musical School No. 10 was transformed into the Tsarskoye Selo Gymnasium of Arts, which was named after Anna Akhmatova on 15 May 2000
Source: Tsarskoe Selo