Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу
The subject index / Krasny Vyborzhets, Plant

Krasny Vyborzhets, Plant

Categories / Economy/Industry

KRASNY VYBORZHETS (12 Sverdlovskaya Embankment), open joint-stock company, one of the leading enterprises in the country manufacturing non-ferrous metals. It was founded in 1857 by F. F. Gauch, was later bought by merchant K. F. Rozenkrants in 1863, and in 1881 became property of a joint-stock company. The plant produced copper parts for steam boilers, brass line for shell and cartridge cases, steam and water pipes, wire and other products. Electrolytic purification of copper was set up in 1903. The plant products numerous times received highest awards at industrial exhibitions. In 1918 the plant was nationalised, during the Civil War it stood idle, in 1920 the work started again. In 1922 the plant was renamed Krasny Vyborgzhets. In the 1920s aluminium smelting was organised at the factory, and in the 1930s started producing aluminium bronze, composite brass, copper and nickel compounds, and rolled stock for the shipbuilding industry, railway engines, tractors, cars etc. The plant also produces metal dishware and musical instruments. From 1924 to 1927 the plant also housed an art casting workshop. In the beginning of the Great Patriotic War (1941-45) a part of the equipment was evacuated, the rest was used for the production of missile parts, mortar barrels, pots and water containers. In the period from 1945 to 1953 the plat was restored, in the 1960-70s it was reconstructed; now producing parts and units for the energy industry (including nuclear energy enterprises), shipbuilding, rocketry, and space engineering. In 1993 the enterprise was reincorporated as a joint-stock company, in the early 2000s it produced over 28,000 various parts from copper and copper alloys.

References: "Красный выборжец": История Ленингр. произв. об-ния по обработке цв. металлов. Л., 1978; Боженкова М. И. Твердый сплав. СПб., 2002.

V. S. Solomko.

Rosenkranz Ernst Eduard

Sverdlovskaya Embankment/Saint Petersburg, city, house 12

"Красный выборжец": История Ленингр. произв. об-ния по обраб. цв. металлов. Л., 1978
Боженкова М. И. Твердый сплав. СПб., 2002

Foil Rolling Plant

FOIL ROLLING PLANT (1 Perevoznaya Street), an open joint-stock company from 1992, the only aluminium foil manufacturer in European Russia. It was founded by K. N

Kalininsky District

KALININSKY DISTRICT is an administrative territorial unit of St. Petersburg. (Its territory administration is located at 13 Arsenalnaya Embankment.) The district was named in honour of Mikhail Kalinin in 1946

Stadiums (entry)

STADIUMS. By the beginning of the 20th century, there were several sport-grounds and football fields in St Petersburg. The Lenin Stadium (1925; now Petrovsky) was Leningrad's first. In 1950, the Kirov Stadium was opened

Sverdlovskaya Embankment

SVERDLOVSKAYA EMBANKMENT (in 1887-1925 - Polyustrovskaya Embankment, after the area of Polyustrovo), on the right bank of the Neva River, between Arsenalnaya Street and Krasnogvardeiskaya Square. It was named after Y.M. Sverdlov

Vyborgskaya Side

VYBORGSKAYA SIDE, a historical district of St. Petersburg, on the right bank of the Neva River and the Bolshaya Nevka River. In the east, it is confined by the Chernaya Rechka River