Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу
Entries / The Tsarskoye Selo Real College (with a garden and fence)

The Tsarskoye Selo Real College (with a garden and fence)

Categories / Tsarskoe Selo and town of Pushkin. The digital chronological reference book/Monuments of history and culture

On the place, where in 1902 the building of the Real College was built to the design of A.N. Ioss, an architect of the Saint Petersburg Educational Okrug, there was Torgovaya (Trade) Square of Tsarskoye Selo planned by V.I. Geste. During a hundred years here there was the market with hay and firewood from carts for peasants from neighbouring villages. According to a legend at the past time criminals were publicly executed here. The trade was liquidated here in connection with the construction of a training building, according to the conditions of that time it was necessary to have a garden to lessons and walks of students. The garden, where in 1902 trees and ornamental bushes were planted, occupied the whole square. S.A. Danini designed the wrought garden fence, links of which directed to the college main entrance and formed the semicircular plot in front of the entrance.
The solemn ceremony of the laying of the building, which has already been built, took place on 6 May 1901 in the presence of the Emperor and Empress and on 16 September 1902 the college was opened. To complete building in so short terms the works on constructing the foundation must be started presumably at the latest building season of the 1900th. Town citizens attached great importance to this long-expected educational institution and at the instance of them the Emperor took the college under his patronage with the name “The Tsarskoye Selo Real College of Emperor Nicholas II”. The college church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker, marked off with the cross over the roof from side of the garden façade and a small bell tower, was constructed on the college upper floor for funds donated by Nicholas II according to Danini’s design. The solemn consecration of the church and the whole building took place on 16 March 1903 by Metropolitan of Saint Petersburg and Ladoga Antony jointly with the archpriest Ioann Sergiyev (now - St Ioann of Kronstadt).
In spite of the physico-mathematical and technical focus of the college, many its graduators became eminent figures of the culture humanitarian sphere. Many famous people studied fere in different years: the famous native of Tsarskoye Selo E.F. Gollerbakh, the art figure and arts critic, the composer V. Deshevov, the actor N. Tsarev, the play director V. Moskvin, the artist O. Klever. E.P. Tsytovich, a famous figure of the scout movement, a physics teacher of children of Emperor Nicholas II, taught and was the Principle of the college. The equipment of the college physics room was up-to-date and older Grand Duchesses Olga and Tatiana came here to their teacher for physics lessons.

Semenova Galina Victorovna

Antony (Alexander Vasilievich Vadkovsky), Metropolitan
Danini Silvio Amvrosievich
Deshevov Vladimir Mikhailovich
Hastie Vasily Ivanovich (William)
Hollerbach Erich Fedorovich
Iossa Andrey Nikolaevich
Olga Nikolaevna, Grand Princess
Sergiyev (Kronshtadsky) Ioann Ilyich, the Saint
Tatyana Nikolaevna, Grand Princess
Tatyana Nikolaevna, Grand Princess
Tatyana Nikolaevna, Grand Princess
Tatyana Nikolaevna, Grand Princess
Tatyana Nikolaevna, Grand Princess

Gospitalnaya Street/Pushkin, town


January. The off-department commission was organized for the improvement of the sanitary condition of Tsarskoye Selo, the aim of this commission was to work out the plan for the constructing of the new sewerage system using the preliminary
Source: Tsarskoe Selo


19 January. In the Alexander Palace Nicholas II received the workers deputation after the incident "Bloody Sunday" on 9 January in Petersburg. 50 000 roubles were assigned for the families of suffered men, this was told during the meeting.
Source: Tsarskoe Selo


March. The memorial plaque was opened on the house of the former Real College (now it is school no. 500), this memorial plaque was devoted to Erich Fiodorovich Gollerbach and his books "Tsarskoye Selo in Poetry"
Source: Tsarskoe Selo

The Commemorative Plague devoted to E.F. Gollerbakh

The grand opening of the commemorative plaque devoted to Erich Fedorovich Gollerbakh took place in September 2010 on the building of the former Tsarskoye Selo Real College named after Nicholas II (now it is the school No
Source: Tsarskoe Selo