Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу
Entries / Pushkin Dacha Museum

Pushkin Dacha Museum

Categories / Science. Education/Museums
Categories / Tsarskoe Selo and town of Pushkin. The digital chronological reference book/Monuments of history and culture

PUSHKIN DACHA MUSEUM (Pushkin Town, 2 Pushkinskaya Street) is a branch of the All-Russian Pushkin Museum. It was established in 1958 in the one-storied wooden building, which had earlier belonged to Court Valet Y. Kataev, near the Lyceum and Catherine's Park (1827, architect V. M. Gornostaev). Pushkin spent here the first summer after his wedding, from May to October 1831 (memorial plaque). The house was extended at the end of the 19th century. It was destroyed during the Great Patriotic War of 1941-45 and reconstructed in 1949. The house was restored again in 1967. The ground floor housed a scullery, a dining room, a boudoir of the poet's wife, Natalya Nikolaevna, a bedroom and two guest rooms. The mezzanine floor housed a study. It was here that Pushkin finished The Fairy Tale of Tsar Saltan and wrote the letter of Onegin to Tatyana, and the poems entitled The More the Lyceum Celebrates..., Echo, Before the Holy Grave, To Slanderers of Russia, and Anniversary of Borodino. He prepared his Belkin’s Stories here for publication. V. A. Zhukovsky, N. V. Gogol, and A. O. Smirnova-Rosset visited the poet's home. A. O. Smirnova-Rosset described the poet's study in her memoirs.

References: Тихонов Л. П. Музеи Ленинграда. Л., 1989. С. 216-217; Музеи Санкт-Петербурга и Ленинградской области: Справ. СПб., 2002. С. 51-52.

A. D. Margolis.

Gogol Nikolay Vasilievich
Pushkin Alexander Sergeevich
Smirnova-Rosset Alexandra Osipovna
Zhukovsky Vasily Andreevich

Pushkinskaya Street/Pushkin, town, house 2

Тихонов Л. П. Музеи Ленинграда. Л., 1989
Музеи Санкт-Петербурга и Ленинградской области: Справ. СПб., 2002

The subject Index
All-Russian Pushkin Museum


12 March. Tsarskoye Selo's coat of arms, the gold monogram of Catherine I under the crown on the red field, was established. 25 May. A.S. Pushkin after the wedding with N.N
Source: Tsarskoe Selo


October. House of Young Pioneers and Schoolboys was opened in the Reserve Palace restored after the war. 21 December. The opening of the first memorial exposition devoted to A. S
Source: Tsarskoe Selo


January. Marina Nikolayevna Petay was appointed as the director of the All-Union Museum of A.S. Pushkin (the Lyceum, the Dacha of Kitayeva are branches of the museum), she worked in this position until 1988
Source: Tsarskoe Selo


6 June. New memorial exposition in Kitayev's house, which was reconstructed and all dwellers were evicted, was opened in the Museum "The Country House of A.S. Pushkin", a branch of the All-Union Museum of A.S. Pushkin . 1 September
Source: Tsarskoe Selo

All-Russian Pushkin Museum

ALL-RUSSIAN PUSHKIN MUSEUM of the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation (12 Moika RiverEmbankment) was established in 1953 on the basis of the All-Russian Pushkin Exhibition of 1937 opened in Moscow in the halls of the History Museum in