Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу Возврат на главную страницу
Entries / Oranienbaum, Park Museum

Oranienbaum, Park Museum

Categories / Science. Education/Museums

ORANIENBAUM, PARK MUSEUM, state in the town of Lomonosov, was established in 1918 in the territory of the palace and park ensemble of the same name. Oranienbaum was opened to visitors in 1922. The museum got its present-day name in 1993. In 2003, Oranienbaum consisted of three palace and park ensembles: the Grand Palace, Peterstadt Fortress and the Private Dacha. The first ensemble consists of the Grand Palace (Menshikov Palace) (1710-27, architects I. G. Schadel, J. M. Fontana; was rebuilt in 1762-80, architect А. Rinaldi), the Picture House (beginning of the 18th century, the architect is unknown), and the Lower Garden. The second ensemble consists of the Gates of Honour (1757, architect А. Rinaldi), the Palace of Peter III (1758-60, architect А. Rinaldi), and Peter's Park (laid in 1830). The third ensemble includes the Upper Park (the 1750-60s), the Chinese Palace (1762-68), the Chute Pavilion (1762-71), and other structures. The exhibition includes a collection of Russian and European painting, porcelain, and furniture, Eastern, European and Russian arts and crafts (over 6,300 objects). The Chute Pavilion, destroyed in 1941-44, was restored in 1951-58 by architects M. M. Plotnikov, A. A. Kedrinsky and others. The restoration of the interiors of the Palace of Peter III, the Chinese Palace, the Chute Pavilion (the workshop of V. P. Slezin and N. K. Rogozina) has been carried out since the 1990s. In 2000, Oranienbaum was included in the list of objects of the special programme of Preservation and Development of the Historical Centre of St. Petersburg.

Y. N. Kruzhnov.

Fontana Giovanni Mario
Kedrinsky Alexander Alexandrovich
Peter III, Emperor
Plotnikov Mikhail Mikhailovich
Rinaldi Antonio
Rogozina N.K.
Schadel Johann Gottfried
Slezin V.P.

Lomonosov, town

Ломоносов: Дворцово-парковый музей-заповедник: Фотоальбом. Л., 1986
Дворец и парк. Гос.музей-заповедник "Ораниенбаум". СПб., 1996

The subject Index
Menshikov Palace
China Palace (Lomonosov)

Levinson-Lessing V.F. (1893-1972, Leningrad), museum worker

LEVINSON-LESSING Vladimir Franzevich (1893-1972, Leningrad), museum worker, art historian, professor (1940). The son of F.Y. Levinson-Lessing. Studied at Forestry School and Tenishevsky School

Lomonosovsky District

LOMONOSOVSKY DISTRICT, an administrative and territorial unit of St. Petersburg, with its administration located in the town of Lomonosov, at 42 Dvortsovy Avenue